Which Has More Calories: Hot Chocolate or a Burrito?
Starbucks Salted Caramel Signature Hot Chocolate, grande size with nonfat milk and whipped cream:
Fat Calories 240
Total Fat (g) 27
Saturated Fat (g) 16
Dunkin Donuts small hot chocolate:
Fat Calories n/a
Total Fat (g) 7
Saturated Fat (g) 7
For others check out How Many Calories in that Coffee Drink?
Chipotle Chicken Burrito with cilantro-lime rice and black beans:
Fat Calories 180
Total Fat (g) 19.5
Saturated Fat (g) 5.5
Mind you, if you get a burrito bol without the flour tortilla, you lose 290 calories, 80 calories from fat, 9 grams of fat, and 3 grams of saturated fat, bringing your total to 440 calories, 100 calories from fat, 11.5 grams of fat, and 2.5 grams of saturated fat.
Here are some healthy (more healthy?) choices when you need a sweet fix but don't want to break the calorie bank:
- Regular or Decaf coffee, just about anywhere, no fat and no calories depending on what you add with milk, cream, and sweeteners
- Starbucks Iced Caffè Latte, grande size with nonfat milk has only 90 calories and no fat. Other Starbucks ideas here.
- Peet's Coffee Iced Mocha, small with nonfat milk has only 95 calories and no fat
- Peet's Coffee Caffè Freddo Extra Bold, medium with nonfat milk has only 209 calories and no fat
- Dunkin Donuts options
- Sweet Cupcakes, mini-cup of frosting or mini cupcake
- Kickass Cupcakes, mini-cup of frosting